Space Warps Talk

Using dashboard for the BBC stargazing live 2014 data

• Budgieye by Budgieye moderator

Do you want to see your galaxy in a better light? Use the dashboard.

There are two dashboards. They work best in Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. Unfortunately, Internet Explorer (IE) does not have some of the features needed to use dashboard. You can download Google Chrome for free on the internet.

There is a Quick Dashboard in classification, when you enlarge the object, or make it bluer or brighter.

There is another in Talk, when you click Open in Tools up in the top right corner. Another tab opens, and you see "Loading, please wait"

The image that you are working on should come up within 10 seconds. If it nothing happens, click it away, refresh your screen, and try again.

You should now see the image in the SpaceWarps Viewer. The image will look a bit different. It is higher resolution, and the colour may be better balanced. It takes more bandwidth to download a better image, so we only use it when we need a better look.
    You can reduce the glare by clicking on the first slider. (click along the line, don't drag the indicator)
    You can reduce contrast by clicking on the second slider.
    You can add more red, green and blue by clicking on the R,G and B sliders.

If you click on the I, J or Ks buttons, you can look at only one colour of light at a time. It is shown only in black and white. The image often goes all black or all white, so it need a bit of clicking along the sliders to
    I is far-red, and it is the blue colour in the image.
    J is near infrared, and it is the green colour in the image, though it doesn't seem to be working at the moment.
    Kx is infrared, and it is the red colour in the image.

To copy, press "copy dashboard" the address changes, then copy the address from the address line

eg http://tools.zooniverse.org/#/dashboards/spacewarp/52ce65e6061b252224000fd9

and paste it in your post.

Anyone please feel free to add more, or suggest changes.

Posted

• t_loughhotmail.co.uk by t_loughhotmail.co.uk

Am I doing something wrong - the quick dashboard shows the previous image, not the current one. Using Google chrome.

Posted

• Paulazoom by Paulazoom

How do I actually zoom? Thanks

Posted

• Budgieye by Budgieye moderator

To t_lough: refresh your screen frequently, that should help

To Paulazoom : do you have a scroll wheel on your mouse, inbetween left click and right click?

Posted

• Paulazoom by Paulazoom

Hi - I have no mouse on netbook. tried using arrows but not too ofait - is there any thing on the screen /dashboard i can go to? 😃

Posted

• Paulazoom by Paulazoom

Hi - just figured it out - control and plus button. - tho not really as whole page zooms obscuring most of the view lol - ah well will try again tmrw. thank you folks

Posted