Space Warps Talk

Who do I contact about Comments to Space Warps blog posts?

• JeanTate by JeanTate

There's one that's spam. It doesn't look much like spam, but it's only there because of the 'link to website'; i.e. it's a blatant attempt at 'link farming'. It should be removed, but I can find nothing on the blog about who to contact!

Posted

• Budgieye by Budgieye moderator

There is a "Report" button on each post. Click that, and a moderator will look at the post.

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate

Thanks. But it's not a post here, in SW Talk. It's a Comment to a SW Blog post (they have no "Report" buttons!) In any case I doubt that SW Talk mods have admin powers over SW Blog posts/comments ...

Posted

• Budgieye by Budgieye moderator

Hmmm, you are right.

Is a problem

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator

Why not contact the person who wrote the blog or Arfon.

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate

Good idea; I'll send Phil Marshall a PM, here in SW Talk.

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate

OK, I did that.

By the way, the technique used is very common: post a positive, vague statement but include a link in the name (or, sometimes, a minor punctuation mark, such as a hyphen). The thinking seems to be that flattery will be disarming, and the website owner will not think to delete such nice thoughts (especially if they don't get much traffic!). If you Google a major part of this text, you'll get millions upon millions of hits, so as spam goes, it's obviously extremely successful!

Posted