Space Warps Talk

Subject: ASW000aa4t

Subject ASW000aa4t Full subject data (JSON)

Comments

• fiasco2050 by fiasco2050

These simulations are really annoying, espically when you mark them and it says you didn't.

Posted

• vrooje by vrooje

The sims are pretty touchy about what coordinates you mark, I agree. Maybe we can get the developers to take a look at that...

Posted

• vrooje by vrooje

... but the simulations themselves are extremely useful to the science, so we really appreciate you bearing with them. Thanks!

Posted

• fiasco2050 by fiasco2050

How are they useful? I am finding myself remembering the picture rather than looking at it properely. Basically playing spot the sim.

Posted

• vrooje by vrooje

They help us work out what lenses are detectable and in what configurations. And I find they help my own ability to spot hard-to-see lenses!

Posted

• Chinabob by Chinabob

A problem I am having with marking sims is that I seem to spot then reject as a lenz because they do not, to my eye, look good

Posted

• vrooje by vrooje

Yes, some of the simulations are really difficult! But if it was missed, that, too, is important information. Thank you!

Posted

• drphilmarshall by drphilmarshall scientist, admin

It's tricky: Space Warps is both a supervised and unsupervised learning system. We have to show sims to teach everyone what patterns to...

Posted

• drphilmarshall by drphilmarshall scientist, admin

...look for, but then hope that you can all extrapolate to fainter/fuzzier/less regular real systems. It worked well in CFHTLS!

Posted

• Michael_Gartside by Michael_Gartside

I thought I marked this test image correctly and it came up with an "actually this contains a lens" message. Did I miss a lens somewhere?

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator

We've all had this problem. Sometimes the markers have to be placed 'just right'. Don't worry.

Posted

• MegaFlyCraft by MegaFlyCraft

I just been looking at some pictures and i saw not a lense and it was a lense but when i looked at the non lense pictures it was there

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator

No worries! It will not affect the results!

Posted

• MegaFlyCraft by MegaFlyCraft

its funny i get really bored looking at the stars in the sky yet this is so much fun

Posted