Space Warps Talk

SpaghettiLens - Feature Requests

• rafael_kueng by rafael_kueng

Since I've got time now, what are the features you are missing in SL?
    The more detailed the description, the better the result 😃

I'll use the first posts in this thread to collect all the ideas, feel free to post below!

Posted

A Additional Tools

A1 Capella05 is trying to keep track of the modelling challenge with a manually updated table.. Looks like this is a lot of work that could possibly automated?

I'm thinking of a tree like structure that lists all children in one view.
    Possibly lets you select some and

• show images for easy and fast compare
    • show a table on the side listing relevant parameter for selected
    • lets you group together different models (to group models of same type)
    • highlight differences between two images?

Here is a first very simple draft of the layout.
    (This would possibly take some time to implement, so capella, your table will still be needed for the collaborative modelling..)

A2 It should be easy to let the server calculate additional data (like Einstein Radius) and retrieve them.

proposed by Phil. Any other desired parameter you'd like to have?

Posted

B Changes to the output view

I'm probably going to update the right hand side output view. What features would you like there?

Posted

C Changes to the input view

1. Allow for multiple color / band images

Posted

D General changes

1. Make a scientists interface for "events"

Implement something that allows scientists to put up a new "event" (like modelling challenge or collaborative modelling) easily and keep track of the results. (probably in combination with A1)

Posted

• c_cld by c_cld

my suggestions:

1. in A2: data of Einstein radius and Mass enclosed in it (Fermat potential dependent with appropriate definitions/formulas given by scientists)

2. in B output view: identical scale for reconstructed ouputs; add a scale 'arcsec' on sides (as in the beginning )

3. in C input view: great to model g-band (could avoid some pixels artifacts composition ). What about placing point mask to negate artifacts or foreground stars nearby as we have 'adding a point mass' ?

Posted