Space Warps Talk

Big foot comments are gone

• dtrucken by dtrucken

Yesterday there were a bunch of comments about this image, today only one. Is this intentional, or is there some data loss problem? (Certainly I understand if the comments get cleared from time to time, especially on training images. I'm just wondering if the comments on all images are cleansed?)

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator in response to dtrucken's comment.

I removed one comments in this thread that I deemed as spam (It contained external links to a non-astronomical page, that appeared to have no relevance to the topic). PM me if you wish to discuss this.

If there was more than 1 comment by yourself, then there might be bug with the remove feature.

Posted

• dtrucken by dtrucken in response to Capella05's comment.

I think there were several comments, none were scientifically important. I was just wondering if there was a policy of cleansing comments on training images to keep new folks seeing them from being distracted...

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator

No - there is no policy 😃 but it is an excellent point you bring up and I will mention it to Phil and the others.

Should we try to keep the image comments as clean as possible? At what point would you class a comment as being irrelevant or distracting to other users. Mmmm, a very loaded question.

Also, are users reading all the previous comments, or just posting there own and going back to classify? Also, how many users are actually aware of / and make use of the discussion threads?

As for myself I like reading lighthearted comments under the images - this board is not just about science - we are also trying to built a friendly online community of Lens enthusiasts 😃

Posted

Forgot to add - I will report the bug to the Talk developers 😃 Never would of found it if you hadn't posted your question!

Posted

• dtrucken by dtrucken

ok. Hmm, I hope we don't enter into an alliance with www.bfro.net (Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization). In all seriousness, perhaps the simulation does look too much like a foot!

Posted

Wow, is there really a group that researches them? Learn something new everyday!

Btw, only the blue bits are the sim - the actual foot is all real 😃

Posted

• Budgieye by Budgieye moderator

I like the colours that the nails are painted 😃

Posted