Space Warps Talk

Want to ask a question (help), but it's not a bug report (nor chat)

• JeanTate by JeanTate

The question: how to zoom in (and out)?

The problem: none of the Boards are for asking for (general) help!

My question is not a bug report (I'm not reporting a bug), and I don't want to ask about a particular object or image; I simply want general help!

Posted

• elizabeth_s by elizabeth_s

As far I know you cannot zoom in and out 😢

Posted

• Tom_Collett by Tom_Collett scientist

Once you go to the quick dashboard, you can zoom in with the scroll wheel on your mouse. My mouse wheel zoom is opposite to what I would intuitively expect - try wheeling the other way!

Posted

• bungee1 by bungee1

I can wheel in and out--just not where I want to look!

Posted

• Tom_Collett by Tom_Collett scientist

You can drag the image around once you've zoomed in.

Posted

• andromeda111 by andromeda111

Is the colors of the lenses at the right...the only colors that could be lenses?

Posted

• drphilmarshall by drphilmarshall scientist, admin in response to JeanTate's comment.

Good idea! I think a "How To" board in Help would be very, well, helpful. 😃 Ill see if I can find someone to make one for us.

Posted

• star_drop by star_drop

Identical images are being repeated, sometimes back to back and other times widely spaced.
    How many images are there?

Posted

• Amonisis by Amonisis

Two things I would like some help with. First is that when I click on "dashboard" I get a message saying that dashboard is not supported on IE. What can I do about this? Second, I have categorised several objects and didn't add them to my favourites. Can I go back and look at all the images I viewed previously and when I find the ones I want, add them to my favourites? There have been at least four that I really want to add.

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator in response to Amonisis's comment.

Welcome @Amonisis 😃

For the dashboard I would suggest downloading Google Chrome - it's free and Spacewarps works a lot faster with it 😃

For the second, we only display the last 10 images under your profile on the site, so I do not think it will be possible to find them again 😦 I would suggest keeping an eye on 'Recent' images - someone else may also of classified the same images and posted a comment. If that happens you can add it to your 'My Collection' 😃

Posted