Space Warps Talk

?binary system of some sort with gas and dust (half way down screen to left) and at very top towards right a red spiral galaxy

• john21baxter_ by john21baxter_

?binary system of some sort with gas and dust (half way down screen to left) and at very top towards right a red spiral galaxy

Posted

• Budgieye by Budgieye moderator

My guess is that it is a double blue star in our own galaxy, and something is happening to it, since there is gas being thrown out. Maybe it is like the two spiralling stars discovered several years ago, except not as newsworthy.

enter image description here

http://www.newscientist.com/blogs/shortsharpscience/2010/09/cosmic-spiral-created-by-whirl.html

When the co-ordinates of the objects are released, we can possibly find more information in SIMBAD (star database) or NED (galaxy database) and they have links to science journal articles. Possibly there will be no information, there are many stars up there and not everything has been seen or catalogued. It is possible that you are the first to notice it.

Posted

many thanks Budgieye for the detailed image and for your reply. It would be great to hear any more information if there is any

Posted

• Budgieye by Budgieye moderator

You are welcome! 😃

Posted

I wonder if there is any more information about image ASW0002uej following on from previous discussion between myself and Budgieye (moderator)? Many thanks

Posted