Space Warps Talk

ASW00031nm a known candidate?

• tashipoo by tashipoo

any word on this one?

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator

With the amount of data that is being collected, it will take time to analyse results and publish them.

Have you read this thread here

Posted

• tashipoo by tashipoo

I know the scientific process is indeed long and arduous at times. However, even recently, we have all been seriously encouraged to take our suspected candidates to the public forum for more detailed discussion. Either that is the case or we should just hold our tongues until we are called upon at the "end" of the scientific process. Surely there is some sort of middle ground where we don't have to feel as if we are intruding upon someones time. thanks, tashipoo.

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator in response to tashipoo's comment.

We positively encourage users to discuss objects in talk - but there are times when there are no answers 😃

I have already given my opinion regarding this object (see left), and until the image is analysed by one of the Scientists or initial results start to get posted - there is not much more I can add to the conversation!

If you are trying to engage with other users with regards to this image, I would suggest modifying your original post - It is somewhat confusing and can be easily misconstrued 😃

Posted

• tashipoo by tashipoo

I see your point, thanks.

Posted

• sisige by sisige

I've found, as a lens searcher, that it's really helpful to have a description of what other searchers have seen in an image when they flag it as a candidate. Each image is supposed to be seen by about 10 users, I think, so it's likely that other users will review the image after you, and may check out the talk page. I suggest describing what you see and why you think it's a lens candidate, and asking for opinions. Then other users can add their thoughts and generate a discussion in that way. All of that information will be available to moderators and scientists when they review the images, too.

Also, looking back through my candidates, I found that without the dashboard, it can be hard to remember what I flagged in the image, so I started describing every candidate I flag for future reference.

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator in response to sisige's comment.

I totally agree with you!

After I classify an image I find interesting, I will often come to Talk to see if there are any comments, and too add my own - but until the full dashboard is released, all we can really do is give a visual analysis of the image.

Posted

• tashipoo by tashipoo

thanks, that's good info.-- points are well taken

Posted