Space Warps Talk

Problem using search

• Budgieye by Budgieye moderator

All the new candidates are indexed with #SWlc. There are other terms indexed, such as #edgeon, #redstarforming

What I would like to do is call up all the new candidates by putting in #SWlc in the search box, then underneath, I would see under Tags, the several entries for #edgeon , the 30 for #redstarforming., the 50 for #arc

This doesn't seem to be happening. I will play with it some more.

I have just put in #redstarforming, and I can't call it up. Maybe there is a limit to one tag per line? Maybe I can't edit into a line after posting?, the software doesn't accept it?

Or should I just wait for the new Talk to arrive?

Posted

I tried one tag per new comment. It didn't seem to help. Not much point in having an indexing system if the tags are ignored.

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator

Hey Budgie,

I would suggest a hashtag collection- such as this one I created using your #SWlc tag - CSWL00000m. Building up the search database / collections are not instantaneous - I have found I sometimes need to wait an hour for the back end systems to catch up.

Posted

Some progress. I have entered

#SWlc AND #redstarforming

into the search box, and recovered the intersection of the two sets. ie 8 objects, I think there were 19, but it is a start.

#SWlc AND #edgeon gave 12, when I was expecting 3, but of course there were comments by other people about other galaxies in the image.

I don't want a hashtag collection. If we going to be modern in this new Talk , then I want the hashtag collection to be fully searchable.

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator in response to Budgieye's comment.

Search is very buggy - you will never get the clean results you are looking for. You can enter the same search criteria several times, and get different results.

Sorry Budgie - hopefully the next version of Talk will be better.

Posted

I am pretending to be a newbie. I can't find the important hashtag collection #SWlc CSWL0000m on the Recent page. I hope when new Talk arrives it will be easier to find important things.

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator in response to Budgieye's comment.

Are you talking about the "Popular Hashtag" feature on the recents page?

That gets generated by the number of times a hashtag has been used, not necessarily the weight of a tag (i.e. on spacewarps the "quad" tag should hold a greater weight than a "merger" tag etc..) and hopefully in the next version the science team can promote important tags to be more visible.

Posted

Just looking all over the Recent page, looking for important things. I know the candidates collection is somewhere in SpaceWarps and I can refer to my notes to find it. , but people unfamiliar with our forum can't find it.

Posted