Space Warps Talk

Lost an Image

• Mizaru by Mizaru

A bonefide lens

Posted

• Mizaru by Mizaru

I marked what I thought was an obvious training simulation, then hit the finished button, only then to discover that it was not. I then went to profile and recent but cannot find it. I wanted to save it to a collection.
    Any suggestions?
    It absolutely was a lens with 4 distinct quasars.

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator

Have your tried going to your profile here on Talk, scrolling right down to the bottom where you collections are, and clicking on 'My Candidates' - all the lenses you have tagged should be there.

Posted

• Mizaru by Mizaru in response to Capella05's comment.

Thank you. It worked. I think this is it ASW0000ib3. If so, I am fairly positive that it is a lens and four quasars.

Posted

I am glad you found your image, but I am not too sure which object you are referring to.

Posted

• Mizaru by Mizaru

This may not be it. I have tried using the tool software to no avail. I just looked back in the candidates a ways and picked one that seemed to be it. The image I was looking for is a winner, it was so good that I had no doubt, it was a #sim, so as I usually do, I marked it then clicked on the finished button. It was amber colored with four quasars, two touching, all within the perimeter. After not getting a sign, I realized that I had the real deal but couldn't find it. No matter, I'm sure someone else will spot it.

Posted

• Budgieye by Budgieye moderator

Something like that happened to me once, a lens with 4 quasar points. I still wonder why I couldn't go back and find the image,

Posted

• Mizaru by Mizaru in response to Budgieye's comment.

Hah, the dreaded Bermuda lens and four quasars! Sorry, couldn't resist. I continue to try to provoke a bit of humor among us folks interested in astronomy. So far, nothing. Methinks we take ourselves too seriously? 😃

Posted

Oh, we are always open to a bit a bit of humour!

It is just the Talk is not very conducive to it 😦 I miss the old style forums...

Posted