Space Warps Talk

ASW0000vbm

• PetrosM by PetrosM

Is there anyway to examine in more detail ( than dashboard ) this photo ?

Posted

• JasonJason by JasonJason

NO

Posted

• Thomas_J by Thomas_J moderator

Hi PetrosM.

What is it that you would like to examine in more detail?

Posted

• Thomas_J by Thomas_J moderator

Hi Jason, I hope you're well.

To examine these images in more detail is one of the reasons why we decided to use 'Talk' as opposed to a standard forum. We can collect the objects and discuss the particulars in more detail with our human eyes and experience. We have all worked very hard behind the scenes to bring you this project. I know there are some features that you would like to see but I can assure you that these have all been discussed and thrashed out over many hours of talks and meetings between the science team and the developers. As it stands, we have added as much as possible with our limited resources whilst trying to stay on track with the job at hand. I'm sure you can appreciate this, my friend.
    Maybe in the future we will add some more features but, for now, let's be patient.

All the best,

Thomas 😃

Posted

• JasonJason by JasonJason

I am fine thanks for asking TJ, I was just simply stating something no hidden feelings involved.

Posted

• Mjtbarrett by Mjtbarrett

It is very frustrating to have to describe longhand the location of an object of interest. It would be so much simpler to have had a different colour of target reticule or a simple circle that could be used as a form of highlighter for identifying the object being referred to. Failing that, even a simple grid marker with a letter/number system marked on the axes, possibly as a border around the Talk images would help.
    Is it possible to identify any of the stars or galaxies by e.g. RA/Dec?

Posted