Space Warps Talk

Training image with 2 simulated lens ?

• jpiquard by jpiquard

ASW0001eq4 is marked as training image for the centered massive galaxy with 4 spots around. But when looking the galaxy below (on the right), another lens seems appearing.

Posted

• AlexandredOr by AlexandredOr

Could be a real lens with 2 spots ?

Posted

• jpiquard by jpiquard

Not sure understanding your question !
    See the two highlighted lens

Posted

I'm talking about he bottom marked galaxy. Can we imagine there is a real lensing, and not a simulated one, with 2 images, one the left and one on the right ?

Posted

• jpiquard by jpiquard

Could be... but I was supposing that simulated lens images were made from images still analyzed by human to prevent existing lens before adding a simulated lens.

Posted

I'm afraid it's not this explanation. I'm pretty sure that simulated lenses are false lenses, put here for our visual training... May be the answer of a moderator will be of some interest ! 😉

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator in response to jpiquard's comment.

As far as I know the images are analysed by a human before adding a simulated lens, in this case I would of marked both as lenses.

I have come across other training image that had more than 1 sim 😃

Posted

Thank you Capella05 !!
    8D 😗

Posted

ASW0000wsy
    enter image description here

Clearly 2 lenses, one at 1, simulated one obviously, and the other at 8, probably real.. 😄

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator

There seem to be a lot of multiple sim images making the rounds. It would be interesting to know how they get created and if it is intentional!

Posted