Space Warps Talk

Space Warps: Where to now?

• JeanTate by JeanTate

The beyond-our-wildest-dreams Stargazing Live 2014 torrent of classifications is now over. And the SW Mods and oldbies have caught up on their sleep (I hope!). And the trickle tail of interested newbies has all but finished (hopefully the vast majority have gone on to classify in StarDate M83, Galaxy Zoo, Radio Galaxy Zoo, ...).

Modelling activity too seems to have stopped, or at least that which is publicly reported here in SW Talk.

So, what's next for Space Warps?

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator in response to JeanTate's comment.

We have 2 possible surveys coming up in a few months - but they are still in the process of getting imaged / processed. Very exciting and from the sounds of it, there will be more images to classify than what we had in CFHTLS 😃

I have been very busy over the last 2 weeks - I guess that is why the modelling has dropped off!

There is a lot of work going on behind the scenes, but it is not my place to talk about it!

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate in response to Capella05's comment.

Cool! 😃 May SW keep going from strength to strength ... 😄

Posted

• JeanTate by JeanTate in response to JeanTate's comment.

The monthaversary of the wild finish to the collecting-of-SW-classifications is just around the corner.

As good a time as any to revive this thread, and ask, "What news?"

Also, is there anything ordinary zooites can do here, in SW (Talk)?

One idea I had was to get some discussion going on interesting and unusual* objects which we saw while looking for lenses, but which are not lenses.

What do you think?

*a.k.a. weird and wonderful

Posted