Space Warps Talk

Dashboard doesn't work? Are you using Internet Explorer?

• Budgieye by Budgieye moderator

Internet Explorer lacks some of the tools used by Dashboard.

SpaceWarps is optimized for Chrome, and Firefox and Safari should work. You can download Google Chrome for free, it is easy, and even I have done it without having to ask someone for help.

For instructions on using dashboard, see Using dashboard for the BBC stargazing live 2014 data

http://talk.spacewarps.org/#/boards/BSW0000002/discussions/DSW0000e8f

Posted

• MikT by MikT

"SpaceWarps is optimized for..."

Oh dear. This is the sort of thing we used to see 10 or 15 years ago. It really shouldn't be happening any more. Any competent developer should be able to contruct this type of feature (dashboard) to work across all browsers (or all 'modern browsers' - that includes modern versions of IE btw). Forcing people to install a particular browser just to use a specific feature is very poor.

Mike

Posted

• theclearskiesofthemoon by theclearskiesofthemoon

I have to use IE because the entire site is just a blue screen on Firefox 26(even after disabling add-ons and clearing caches).

Chrome I don't use due to Google's constant breakthroughs against online privacy and safety regulations.

Posted

• Budgieye by Budgieye moderator

Sorry, I am of no help here. I put this post in Featured Discussions to make people aware that there is a problem.

If you need technical help, please post in Help /Bugs. I will lock this thread so that I don't waste people time.

Posted