Space Warps Talk

Keeps resetting my count :(

• Thousand_Sons by Thousand_Sons

I'm going to stop doing this now as it's infuriating 😦 I have tried about 6 times the images keep going out of sync when trying to view it in different colours, and when I refresh my page my view count / potential lenses and favourites vanish 😦

Posted

• TheOracle by TheOracle

Yes, it has happened to me as well. Also when I do click on the dashboard, it doesn't work as well.

Posted

• ladyrattles by ladyrattles

It is happening to me too. On my MacBook & my iMac. I keep doing up to 400+ and then it glitches and resets me at 236 every single time, and I lose everything. I'm going to try and keep going.

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator

This will sort itself out - the servers are very overloaded at the moment, and it will take a few hours for them catch up.

The same thing happened last night - your classifications are not lost, and your counts will get updated. Sorry, but we never expected the overwhelming response we have had!

Posted

• Helen_OHara by Helen_OHara

Ha ha, yes, it's very addictive this astronomy business. But the more you do, the better you get at spotting them!

Posted

• Chris_Leggett by Chris_Leggett

Done over a 1000 and only set me to 15.. Oh well.. Time I went to bed anyway.. 😃

Posted

• peter_vince by peter_vince

Having got up to over 800, I was having a few problems with image and dashboards getting out of sync, so I quit the browser (Firefox 26.0 on a Mac running OS 10.9.1) (without clearing history, etc.) and restarted. After a few images, realised my counter had been set back to 650ish. I had previosuly stopped at 600 on my first session.

Posted

• peter_vince by peter_vince in response to peter_vince's comment.

Further to this - as a test, I cleared my browswer history, quit and restarted it, and on re-logging in, find my count was reset to 600 (where I had stopped on my first session this afternoon). Looks like the displayed count is from a local counter that is reset from the server on logging in?

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator in response to peter_vince's comment.

Yes, that is correct and because of the massive response the servers are out of sync. Will take a bit of time to catch up.

Posted

• Bilberry by Bilberry

Glad to see it's not just me then, I got the message "we've run out of subjects" twice and no more images appeared. With so many of us at it, surely we are bound to find something 😄

Posted

• peter_vince by peter_vince

Good morning moderator(s). Yes, like Bikberry, I got an "out of subjects" message last night, so went to bed! This morning the object count has updated to over a 1000. Looks like a good night's sleep worked wonders for the servers too 😃

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator in response to peter_vince's comment.

Glad to hear it go sorted out! Servers are temperamental things 😉

Posted

• surfjewels by surfjewels

Hoping mine will catch up on itself in that case as have looked at about 700 images and now it put me back to 0!! 😦

Posted