Space Warps Talk

Sims not registering

• mitch by mitch

The last four sims that I've had dont register my clicks on them, advising me to check the spotters guide

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator

Hi mitch,

Silly question but where are you placing the markers - I have found these images appear to be more sensitive with the placement of the markers?

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator

Also it appears that the more markers the better.

Posted

This just happened to me on ASW000aa2z - I had 3 markers placed quite close to the galaxy, it was an einstein ring sim.

enter image description here

Posted

• Aprajita by Aprajita scientist, admin

this keeps happening to me too, i have raised the issue with the dev team but i am not sure if they know what's causing this

Posted

Also ASW000a9tp and ASW000aa1p - screenshots available on request.

Posted

• bumishness by bumishness Zooniverse Team

Hey all, I'm trying to track down the source of this problem. I've been unable to replicate the issue locally.

Like ElisabethB mentions, the markers are fairly picky this time around and do require you to click the lens itself.

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator in response to bumishness's comment.

No worries!

I will just keep an eye out, and try to be more precise with the marking 😄

Posted

Alright, I did find one that gave me this same issue, so I'll try to track down the source.

Am I correct in saying this doesn't happen frequently or every time there is a sim?

Posted

It is intermittent - I have been emailing Phil - I think he might have an idea.

Posted

Ok, I think Phil and I arrived at a solution. Let me know if this still occurs! Note you will have to refresh the site to get the latest code.

Posted

Cleared my cache and reloaded my browser - seems to be okay so far 😃

Posted

• biggsjrex by biggsjrex

Just had this problem with image ASW00a9zh

Posted