Space Warps Talk

False positive boxes pointing wrong - out of sync?

• rws by rws

Since today about 14h GMT (but not around 9h GMT) boxes congratulating me on ignoring false positives seem out of sync with pictures. I then logged out and in again but soon they were out of sync again. Since I now fear lens marks will put on the wrong pic I will stop classifying now. Please explain.

Posted

• fermor332002 by fermor332002

If you refresh the page, that will usually take care of it.

Some times if you are spotting over an hour or two, you might have to refresh more than once.

Posted

• TheEpicPrimius123 by TheEpicPrimius123

I've had one too!

Posted

• eCid by eCid

So have I.

Posted

• alcro by alcro

I have noticed that having clicked on an image which I have assumed to be a training image (near perfect Einstein Rings) I have been suprised that no message has appeared. However, when invariably the following image appears containing no obvious lenses, I get a message telling me that it does contain a simulated lens.

Now either I have spotted a lot of supposedly rare Einstein rings, or the training algorithm detection is out of sync with the actual images shown, on occasion.

This has happened to me on quite a number of occasions.

Posted

• Subtle_Knife by Subtle_Knife

I have the same problem, and it's definitely not occurring after hours, but minutes. Also, quick dashboard will show a different image.

Due to increased traffic?

Posted

• Budgieye by Budgieye moderator

The software is having problems, but always try refreshing your screen.

Posted

• khadijah_iman by khadijah_iman

im not getting any messages at all, i have been through nearly 2000 images since it stopped and i have refreshed but still nothing, why is this?

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator in response to khadijah_iman's comment.

In previous version of Spacewarps when the sims and duds disappeared it meant the sim pool had been depleted (all the training images had been classified by a user)

Personally, I think we are getting close to running out of images!

Posted

• khadijah_iman by khadijah_iman

i keep getting messages popping up saying "we have run out of images"

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator in response to khadijah_iman's comment.

There you go!

Posted

• NetX by NetX

I'm seeing this too, today most of the images and the alerts telling me there are simulated lenses are out of sync

Posted