Space Warps Talk

Page Layout queries

• Notes by Notes

Couple of Questions for the SpaceWarp Creators:

1. Not sure if it's just my old-style laptop screen, but if the spotters guide is left open it overlaps, obscuring part of the image. Does it have to 'stick out' so far?

2. Why do we need to click to load the dashboard 'image enhancement' buttons every time? I always have to wait for them to load. Why not just load them up at the start of a session and leave them on?

Posted

• Notes by Notes

Still awaiting an answer to my queries - any SpaceWarp group captains out there?

Posted

• Budgieye by Budgieye moderator

Hopefully, we will sort out problems as the Talk forum evolves.

I have a widescreen desktop and have lots of room, but I usually close the Spotter's Guide anyway.

I suppose calling up the image enhancement takes up more bandwidth. For people who have slow internet, that would slow down the page loading time significantly. So the designers must have made a compromise decision.

Posted

• anupreeta by anupreeta scientist, admin

One of the ideas was to have less distraction / increased focus while scanning through images as we would like people to inspect lots of images. Looking at different image settings or using zoom etc. should be done only for a smaller subset of "interesting" images. Hence, the dashboard features are available in a separate mode. Also, the way its coded or the features it uses take time to load and wouldn't make sense to use it in the normal mode.

Posted