Space Warps Talk

Dashboard and marker problem

• Zanna640 by Zanna640

After viewing many images, the dashboard stops working. I click "bluer," or any other option, besides "return" and it won't load the image. I just get a blank, grey image.
    Also, on some of the simulated lenses, I'm asked to mark the multiple arcs, but they are usually so close together that I'm not able to do that. When I try to place the second marker, it thinks I'm trying to "undo" the first one. Am I doing it wrong?

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator in response to Zanna640's comment.

Hi Zanna640 😃

Firstly, What browser are you using?

Secondly- have you tried magnifiying the quick dashboard image so you can place the markers more accurately?

Posted

• Zanna640 by Zanna640

I'm using Chrome. The only way I have figured out to zoom is by using my browser zoom. When I do that, the markers are also bigger, so that's no help. I don't know how to zoom directly from the dashboard.

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator

Have you tried using the mouse wheel to zoom?

Posted

• Zanna640 by Zanna640

I'm using a laptop with a touch pad, so no mouse wheel.

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator

mmmmm, I see what you mean about the browser zoom.

I also use a laptop so I will try finding an alternate method of zooming without using the mouse - not proving very successful so far!

Posted

• Zanna640 by Zanna640

Thanks for your efforts. I've actually tried several things myself, but without success. Browser zoom is fine for just looking, but not for marking.

Posted

• anupreeta by anupreeta scientist, admin

@Zanna640 marking one image is necessary to identify the correct lens, marking multiple images is desired but not critical to the process !

Posted