Space Warps Talk

ASW0000llp: How 2nd sim vanished

• msky by msky

See screenshots for what happened to test image ASW0000llp. The sim at 12 o'clock vanished. The workflow was as follows:

1. standard view showed two bright lensed objects
    2. marked each pair of arcs in quick dashboard
    3. returned to standard view
    4. pressed "discuss this image..."
    5. noticed that image in Talk-tab looks different; so back to quick dashboard (took left screenshot)
    6. upon returning to standard view the lens at 12 o'clock was gone (took right screenshot)

Maybe some kind of caching artifact.
    screenshots

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator in response to msky's comment.

Hi msky,

Can you go into your profile (on Spacewarps) and see if this image is displayed twice with 2 different id's?

Posted

• msky by msky in response to Capella05's comment.

Negative. Only the single lens training image ASW0000llp turns up under recent images. That and only that one also registered with the collections MyDashboard and MySimulations.

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator

Hmmmmm - very interesting.

Thank you so much for checking! I was hoping it may of been two images, one with one of the sims superimposed, and the other without (yes, I know the chance of this happening would be highly unlikely, but it was worth checking).

Another random question, when you clicked on 'discuss' did a separate tab / window open? or was it in the same one that you were classifying in?

Posted

• anupreeta by anupreeta scientist, admin

Thanks for reporting. I know what the issue is here. I will check with the tech team.

Posted

• msky by msky in response to Capella05's comment.

Hi Capella05,

yes, a separate tab opened, That was meant by "Talk-tab" in point 5 of the workflow. When typing an image comment about multiple sims I noticed that the version of the image displayed on the new tab didn't actually have the feature I intended to comment on 😃

The symptom would match the effect of a dirty read from a server side cache, but Anupreeta apparently knows the cause already.

Posted

• anupreeta by anupreeta scientist, admin

ok.. its fixed.. 😃

Posted