Space Warps Talk

Zoom in Dashboard

• welcomeblack by welcomeblack

Hi, it says that you have to scroll in the dashboard to zoom in. I'm on a laptop with only a trackpad, is there any way to zoom without a scroll wheel?

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator

Have you tried Ctrl + Ctrl - ?

Posted

• anupreeta by anupreeta scientist, admin

zooming capabilities are dependent on your trackpad settings and also type of laptop or OS (windows, mac) you have..

Posted

• AlexandredOr by AlexandredOr

Hello !
    I have the same problem : no scroll wheel. I use the Capella05's technic ! That works 😉

Posted

• popedarren by popedarren

Ctrl + and Ctrl - makes the browser zoom in/out. The image will be cut off by an expanded spotter's guide, but this can be fixed by clicking the vertical "spotter's guide" tab.

Also note that the user will need to set their browser back to 100% with Ctrl +/- when they are done looking at the image. Otherwise, every site the user looks at will be zoomed to whatever they left it on.

@AlexandredOr: are you technically savvy? Do you think the average user would be able to figure that out? Just curious. 😃

I doubt the developers need my suggestions or help, but just in case... A key down/up/press event could also be mapped to the zoom in/out. Also, there are plenty of nice zoom functions in jQuery that require no click. And jQuery is, for the most part, cross-browser compatible and free. 😃

Posted

• AlexandredOr by AlexandredOr

@popedarren :

@AlexandredOr: are you technically savvy? Do you think the average user would be able to figure that out? Just curious.

I think I'm an average user 😉

Posted