Space Warps Talk

No dashboard ?

• joncarruthers by joncarruthers

I haven't been able to access the dashboard since day 1, any ideas?
    winXP + Firefox v21
    I tried Chrome but no joy there either.

Posted

• anupreeta by anupreeta scientist, admin

I am not sure if winXP particularly has problems with dashboard but acc. to FAQ , chrome should work. Can you give some more details of what's happening? You see the diagonal stripes but no image appears no matter how long you wait? Did you try restarting the browser?

Posted

• Damon22 by Damon22

I have had this dashboard problem (only grey diagonal pulsating stripes) since day 1 also. Chrome browser with windows 7 O/S. Nothjing I try works. Maybe a Kaspersky internet security problem?

Posted

• drphilmarshall by drphilmarshall scientist, admin in response to Damon22's comment.

Maybe - the data served by the QD is a different format from the standard color JPGs. Do you at least see the screen go dark grey, and the cursor change? As if its trying to load images for you, but failing?

Posted

• Damon22 by Damon22

The cursor acts the same as normal, that is changing to the cross-hairs within the image field. This cursor can be seen through the general dark grey screen. There is a message below the image field as follows - Download Data: ugriz

Posted

• drphilmarshall by drphilmarshall scientist, admin

OK good - that's supposed to be there. I think it must be something to do with the data itself.

Do you always get this problem, no matter which image you try? Some fields cause problems wqith QD, and are disabled - you might have just been assigned one of these sky patches...

Also, would you mind also clicking on the QD button, then leaving it for 15 mins to make sure its not just a bandwidth issue? Thanks!

Posted

• Damon22 by Damon22

To date I have processed 49367 images and have never been able to access QD; tried many times. I use ADSL2+ broadband and download speed is not an issue. I will however try what you suggest and get back to you.

Posted

• Damon22 by Damon22

Dr Phil - I tried your suggestion re the 15 min wait and no joy. Also tried QD with Internet Security software and Firewall turned off, and still no joy.

Posted

Likewise, waited, still nothing.
    Tried Chrome and updated the plug ins, nada.

I use AVG but get the same problem even with it disabled.

Posted

• Number5 by Number5

Error message says "Dashboard is not compatible with IE,any ideas?

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator in response to Number5's comment.

The only thing I can suggest is using a different browser - I find Chrome a lot faster and it is compatible with the quick dashboard.

Posted

• akapadia by akapadia

@joncarruthers, @Damon22, @joncarruthers Try the Quick Dashboard now. We made an small update that might resolve the issue.

Posted

Sorted mine, it needs "accept third party cookies" turned on. All is well now.

Posted

• invisibleape by invisibleape

I've found that Dashboard does not work with AdBlock plus which is a Firefox add-on. I haven't been able to use the dashboard with Firefox until I disabled Adblock Plus.

Posted