Space Warps Talk

duplicate images

• pmalenfant by pmalenfant

I'm getting every image twice: A, A, B, B, C, C
    it points out sim's only on the first of the 2.
    Sometimes it points out sim's that aren't there.

Posted

• surhudm by surhudm scientist

Could you please post which browser you happen to be using and take some screenshots with those images? Thanks!

Posted

• Mizaru by Mizaru

I have been getting duplicate images. I cannot say for sure how long, I only noticed it a few days ago.
    I do not know how to take screenshots.
    I am using google chrome.
    The last three images in my "recent" collection are duplicates. They all seem to have the same name. I have gotten as many as ten at times. That being the case, I do not know how many discrete images, I have examined.

Posted

• Mizaru by Mizaru

I just now got seven duplicates in a row. Earlier I had two, widely spaced.
    The quick dashboard seem to be working today but sluggishly.

Posted

• anupreeta by anupreeta scientist, admin

Thanks guys! We have reported this problem..we'll let you know when its fixed!

Posted

• Mizaru by Mizaru

Since we are not getting paid, there's no money in it but how can you hope to learn anything of scientific use using flawed data? No one knows how many separate pictures I have looked at because many of them have been pored over numerous times at a waste of my time and I don't see how it can be much help to you. I am guessing that I have caught a few hundred but what percent have I missed? I have no photographic memory, so, I doubt that I have caught more than a tenth or a hundredth?

Posted

• c_cld by c_cld

Today i got image Image ASW00002u0 for the second time in lot of images apart!

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator in response to Mizaru's comment.

Hi Mizaru, the data will not be flawed as we know what images have been classified by what user. If you have classified duplicate images, it will be easy enough to work out which ones.

As for your second question, each image is classified by at least 10 different users, so even if you have missed a lens, in all likelihood it will be picked up by a few of the other classifiers.

Let us know if you have any other questions 😃

Posted

Hi Everyone,
    The problem of duplicate images has been fixed. Please do report if such things happen again. Thanks a lot!

Posted

• anupreeta by anupreeta scientist, admin in response to Mizaru's comment.

@Mizaru - We are working on making our analyses of your and everyone's classifications accessible. Currently, we have some explanation about sims here - http://blog.spacewarps.org/ . Soon we will be providing info on what we do once you have sent your classifications and other things. Just give us some time ! 😃

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator in response to anupreeta's comment.

Excellent news @anupreeta 😃

Posted

• Mizaru by Mizaru

Nope, I just now got two consecutive duplicates. Anupreeta, you'll need to try again.

Posted

Hi @Mizaru,
    Could you please post their ASW IDs / collect them in Talk ? Its faster for us to locate the problem.
    Thanks..

Posted

• Mizaru by Mizaru

ASW0000oai,. They both are the same. Is that what you want?

Posted

• Mizaru by Mizaru in response to anupreeta's comment.

Hi! Well, I just now got two more duplicates. I hadn't noticed any, for sure, until these. ASW00002pa I also listed both images in talk. after I finally figured out how. I was fairly certain of another one but it was too far from its mate to verify.

Posted

Yes, these ids are good. You saw both these images appear more than once when you were doing the classification. In that case, I will forward these ids to the tech team. Thanks!

Posted

Ok. Just now I heard from the tech team, it seems that the last time the problem was not completely fixed and its done now. So, I am hoping that this problem will not recur. 😃
    In any case, please do let us know, if you notice this or any other problem. We really appreciate your help in quick reporting of the bugs along with ids of problematic images.

Posted

• mrpsb by mrpsb

Just logged in now and started getting duplicate images 😦

Edit: logged out and back in and it was fixed.

Posted

• Jacko99 by Jacko99

Still getting duplicate images. The last 20 or so have appeared twice, one offer the other!
    Jacko99.

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator in response to Jacko99's comment.

Did they have the same identification / image id?

Posted

• anupreeta by anupreeta scientist, admin in response to Jacko99's comment.

Please collect the duplicated images in Talk and point us to them. Without this info, I can't do much. Thanks.

Posted

• c_cld by c_cld

got Image ASW0005a0d twice in the past hour
    also second time of ASW0000f1g

Posted

• Jacko99 by Jacko99

Yes, I believe so.

Posted

• c_cld by c_cld

second time that Images ASW0003jgb, ASW0003bit, ASW0005cxp are displayed for classifying

Posted

• c_cld by c_cld

Image ASW00006d8 seen today and days ago (on different session/token)

Posted

• Mizaru by Mizaru

ASW0000s3w has been duplicated six of the last ten images not all consecutive. I listed it in talk. Still not fixed and I suppose it's too late to matter. Thanks.

Posted

Thanks for reporting. I will forward your request. It seems it has been difficult to trace the problem.

Posted

• c_cld by c_cld

second time for Image ASW0000ocg after 16 days

Posted

• DocJohn by DocJohn

Just saw ASW0002em9, then 2 others, then ASW0002em9 again

Windows 7, IE10
    22:45 British Summer Time, 29 June

Enough detail ?

Posted

• mitch by mitch

Sorry, I didn't see this thread - I just started another with the same problem.

Posted

• DocJohn by DocJohn

Saw ASW0000c1t - claim of training lens dead centre isn't accurate. Switched to comments, NOT a training image after all.

Windows 7, IE10 23:00 British Summer Time, 3 July

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator

Refreshing the page usually does the trick.

Posted

• c_cld by c_cld

got ASW000aa3u and ASW000a9w2 twice in past hour

Posted