Space Warps Talk

We had trouble getting the data...

• elizabeth_s by elizabeth_s

This has come on every time I try to use the dash thing?

Posted

• Greydrift by Greydrift

I'm also experiencing problems with data not loading when switching to Quick Dashboard - intermittent, approx 1 image per 75-100. Latest Firefox 21.0 and Win 7

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator

Same has started happening to me. It was a simulated lens image that it occurred on.

Windows 7 / Chrome Version 27.0.1453.93 m

Edit to add: just happened again - also a simulated lens image. I have a screenshot, just need to figure out how to post it 😕

enter image description here

Posted

Yes that's what it looks like. Still happening.

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator in response to elizabeth's comment.

Just simulated images - or random intermittent ones?

Posted

It appear just the sims the message comes on then you can still click on the sim kind of like cheating.

Posted

• Greydrift by Greydrift

Ditto (as in still happening). Last happened on: Image ASW0002qau. Not listed as a sim.

Posted

• FBloggs by FBloggs

This has flagged up a few times when using quick dashboard

Posted

I am going to merge this with the existing thread 😃 Helps the developers!

Posted

• Greydrift by Greydrift

And:

Image ASW0002ysn
    Image ASW0003dy3
    Image ASW00036m7
    Image ASW0002zid

Posted

• emilyclr by emilyclr

This is happening quite frequently for me now. I get the "had trouble getting the data" message for most images with a sim and for a few other sporadic images. It's taking all the fun out of looking for lenses!!

Posted

• D0gbytes by D0gbytes

Ditto. The PO factor is starting to set in

Posted

• dtrucken by dtrucken

it's worser and worser. (Image ASW0003efl) perhaps I'll sign off and give the developers some time to figure it out.

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator

I've alerted the techies !
    Hope it gets resolved soon !

Posted

• MrBill by MrBill

Frequently getting this message when clicking on Quick Dashboard.

Posted

• Mizaru by Mizaru

I often have the same problem. Anyone have any clues?

Posted

• JasonJason by JasonJason

Happening here also.

Posted

• fogfog by fogfog

happened to me to, even missed sims because of it.

Posted

• mrpsb by mrpsb

Just got this now, and the error message won't go away afterwards.

Ah... refreshed and it's working again now.

Posted

• fermor332002 by fermor332002

Please fix the dashboard.

Posted

• MrBill by MrBill

Still happening today

Posted

core command is aware of the problem.

Posted

Hope it gets corrected soon.

Posted

• Mizaru by Mizaru

I didn't notice the message appearing until I had amassed 6 or 7 thousand views! Do you suppose they are trying to discourage us?

Posted

No, I got 33000 and did not start seeing it till about 3 days ago.

Posted

• Mizaru by Mizaru

The problem may have started when I started getting reruns. I have noticed as many as ten.

Posted

10 right in a row or interspersed with some?

Posted

• Mizaru by Mizaru

Wow, sometimes consecutive, maybe always, I won't say for sure. I really was not keeping track.

Posted

Have you tried a refresh on your browser?

Posted

• emilyclr by emilyclr

This problem started for me about 4 days ago. Refreshing and logging out/in doesn't help. I tried Chrome instead of Firefox, which didn't help. I wanted to see exactly how often it was happening and for which images, so I kept track of the last 1249 images. Here's what I found:

1091 - did not try to go to Quick Dashboard
    85 - successfully got to Quick Dashboard on an image that was NOT a sim
    31 - successfully got to Quick Dashboard on an image that was a SIM
    13 - could not get to Quick Dashboard on an image that was NOT a sim
    28 - could not get to Quick Dashboard on an image that was a SIM
    1 - got that bug on the Quick Dashboard where the image shows up with horizontal red/blue lines

So, of the sims (for all of which I tried to go to the Quick Dashboard), I was successful approximately 53% of the time.
    Of the non-sims for which I tried to go to the Quick Dashboard, I was successful approximately 87% of the time.
    This confirms my earlier impression that it's more often, but not exclusively, a problem with the sims. Why, I wonder?

This is affecting my lens-finding. I didn't mark anything on any of the non-sims for which I couldn't get to the Quick Dashboard. Of the sims for which I couldn't get to the Quick Dashboard, I marked 15 imperfectly (e.g. could only mark one side), I marked 4 without difficulty, I marked 8 imperfectly and also would have liked to look at a different galaxy on the image but couldn't, and I missed 1.

Any updates for us on this problem or its resolution?

Posted

• fermor332002 by fermor332002

Please fix the dashboard. 😉

Posted

• MrBill by MrBill

Still getting the same error message today.

Posted

• surhudm by surhudm scientist

Thanks for informing us, checking with developers now! 😃

Posted

• Mizaru by Mizaru

I finally found three sequential duplicated images today. I found others but they were not close enough together to appear on the "recent" screen at the same time. I didn't notice getting the "oh no" messages until about the same time I started getting the reruns. There may be no connection but then again?

Posted

• Greydrift by Greydrift

Still happening,seems to be with increasing frequency.

Went back to classification, and ran through 100 images (numbers 13403-13502 on my classification counter), putting all except one (oops) into Quick Dashboard.

The 'Oh No!....' screen appeared on 11 occasions, images: 13403; 13404; 13407; 13411; 13420; 13428; 13464; 13475; 13478; 13479; 13500.

In addition, there were several screens - without the 'Oh No!' issue happening - where definite sims were identified (with the popup, appearing and confirming the Training Image), plus at least 4-5 screens where the 'Nice, no gravitational...' message appeared. Unfortunately, I wasn't keeping exact track of these frequencies.

Not all of the images unloadable in QD looked to be sims, unless they were 'no lens-ers'

The sim frequency is 1 in 10, which might tally with 11 'no data' images, but only if the program chucked in extra sims to compensate for rejects, to give an overall approx 20% sim rate (duds + newbies). If not, then the problem source, may be resulting in wider expression, affecting non-sim images.

Firefox 21.0. Win 7. Pressing 'Next' except where the 'x' is activated to close the 'Oh No!...' box.

😉

Posted

Merging with original thread to keep all the reports together...

Posted

• FBloggs by FBloggs

Oh no! We had trouble getting the data. Try the Quick Dashboard on the next image.
    Is it best to continue or suspend until issue resolved (possible lost data)

Posted

• mrpsb by mrpsb

Getting this over and over again tonight, is it worse when the site is busier?

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator in response to mrpsb's comment.

I am thinking the same.... but we are trying to resolve the issue. Remember, us Mods are also classifying images and it is just as frustrating for us!

Posted

Hmmmm! Must point out that things are not well the colors are wrong on some pictures. on the classifying page and on the dashboard. For example ASW0003z8k should be blue not orange. IMHO Has anyone else notice this?

Posted

• anupreeta by anupreeta scientist, admin in response to elizabeth's comment.

Hi Elizabeth, In the image ASW0003z8k, there's something wrong with one of the filters. Most likely the data is missing. These images are a combined image of 3 color filters. In some cases, the images appear completely blue because the redder filters are missing. The telescope may have had some trouble in taking data in some patches of the sky.

Posted

• Mizaru by Mizaru in response to Capella05's comment.

I think that the message comes at random times for me, like the duplicated galaxy fields. I am using google chrome, windows 8.

Posted

• drphilmarshall by drphilmarshall scientist, admin

Sadly this is supposed to happen: some images (those near the edges of the camera field of view) caused QD some problems which we couldn't solve. This is our workaround (to disable the QD just for these images). Sorry! You'll just have to make do without the QD for these images (there aren't that many of them) while we keep working on the code. Thanks!

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator in response to drphilmarshall's comment.

The strange thing with this message is that I didn't get it all until a couple of days ago and now I get it quite frequently (at least every twenty or so images) !

Posted