Space Warps Talk

Simulations have stop!

• elizabeth_s by elizabeth_s

Do not know if it a bug or not but I have had no simulations for around 500 classification now. Also no there is not a lens in this picture. I wonder if I broke something. Anyone else having this problem? Thanks.

Posted

• AlexandredOr by AlexandredOr

Everything seems OK here till now.... πŸ˜•

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator

I have had a lot of sims in the past few hours... Elizabeth maybe you have classified so many images there are no more sims! πŸ˜„

Posted

Oh dear! no more sims! Well I guess that's ok.

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator

I had an even longer streak of no sims a couple of days ago. But the sims are back ! πŸ˜„

Posted

• jpiquard by jpiquard

67 images analyzed and at least 5 simulated images and 1 non-lens simulated images.

Posted

• elizabeth_s by elizabeth_s in response to ElisabethB's comment.

They are back for you great. I guess I kind of missed them. shhhh! don't tell anyone.

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator in response to elizabeth's comment.

πŸ˜„

Posted

well insert rolled eyes!

Posted

• AlexandredOr by AlexandredOr

8D
    like this ?.. ?

πŸ˜„

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator

I miss the old smiles! You could write out a whole sentence using them πŸ˜„

Posted

• jpiquard by jpiquard

A strange feeling of already seen. After seeing the simulated ASW000141m followed by ASW0000iv6, I saw again the simulated ASW000141m followed by ASW0000iv6 πŸ˜„
    How the simulated lenses are selected ? randomly ?

Posted

• jpiquard by jpiquard

The already seen impression continues... with non simulated images. ASW0001g4x followed by ASW0000p5l (2 times) and ASW000049a followed by ASW00000f3 (2 times)... Not really funny

Posted

• emilyclr by emilyclr

Same for me. No sims or other training images for several hundred images.

Posted

• anupreeta by anupreeta scientist, admin

Thanks for reporting. We are investigating this. We will let you know when we find out more info !

Posted

• drphilmarshall by drphilmarshall scientist, admin in response to elizabeth's comment.

When Amit and I were testing the site, we tried turning down the sim rate to see what it was like. We both felt lonely ! Also I missed a really easy lens because I started clicking "Next!" too fast, so we went back a notch. I'll check what the minimum sim rate is, to make sure we aren't abandoning people completely!

Posted

• elizabeth_s by elizabeth_s in response to anupreeta's comment.

Oh thanks ever so much since I still have not had a sim in a very long time.

Posted

• elizabeth_s by elizabeth_s in response to drphilmarshall's comment.

Yes, I agree, I miss the sim's they seem to keep one more focused. Of course drives me nuts when I miss one.

Posted

• Damon22 by Damon22

No sims or dialogue boxes or any response at all for 500 images now - and very few tenuous lenses/arcs. Is it something I've done, he asked with a mounting sense of cosmic paranoia...

Posted

• Damon22 by Damon22 in response to drphilmarshall's comment.

Haven't had a sim or dialogue box (or anything with real potential) for about 1,000 images processed now. Don't feel lonely but I do get the impression I am sifting through the rejects from a previous sort like a scavenger before they are retired for good. Sim frequency more like 1:>1,000 than 1:10.

Posted

I see that the sims are back.

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator in response to elizabeth's comment.

Oh, good for you ! πŸ˜„

Posted

• JasonJason by JasonJason

Is this a software problem?

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator

I had a streak of 1000+ images without a sim or a notice and then all of a sudden they were back.

Posted

• nicro46 by nicro46

Today I looked at the picture 25.00. After nearly 2000 simulations can not say I have yet to find anything that looks like them. We can know if they got interesting results from the participants? also to get an idea of how many there are propabilitΓ  to find something.
    many thanks

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator in response to nicro46's comment.

Hi nicro46 - have you seen this thread. Those are real lenses contained within the survey area we are looking at πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• anupreeta by anupreeta scientist, admin

@ElisabethB and All,
    Sims stopping just means that you have looked at plenty of images and that the sim sample has been exhausted. I guess we were not expecting people to be so enthusiastic of classifying these images. You guys are doing more than our expectations πŸ˜‰ . Anyway, we are trying to figure out, what to do in this case and get back to you with more info. Happy classifying!!!

Posted