Space Warps Talk

Spotters Guide

• robert_gagliano by robert_gagliano

The default location covers ~ 1/4 of the image on the right side. Forgetting to close this tab results in both missed simulations and real lensing events. The default position should be changed so it doesn't interfere with classification. No portion of the image should be obscured at any time.

Posted

• surhudm by surhudm scientist in response to robert gagliano's comment.

Hi Robert, The image on the right hand side is just for you to know that it is coming next. It is downloaded already to help in a speedy access. Please avoid from marking any lensed features in the right hand image. You wont miss simulations or real lenses as in the next turn you see this image. Does that sound reasonable?

Posted

• robert_gagliano by robert_gagliano in response to surhudm's comment.

Yes I'm aware of the purpose of the Spotters Guide, but the location of the guide obscuring the right side of the image that needs to be classified is the problem. We should not have to click on it to move it out of the way.

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator

What screen resolution are you using? PC / Laptop / tablet? Also, are you using your browser to zoom in?
    Sorry for all the questions but it helps us troubleshoot 😃

I have tried to recreate this issue using various browsers and all looks good - the image I am classifying is not obscured...

Posted

• robert_gagliano by robert_gagliano in response to Capella05's comment.

If it's not a generic problem let's just bag it. I'm running a PC with WinXP, Firefox 20.0.1, screen res 1024 x 768. I'll just remember to click on the guide to move it to the far right before I start to classify and after I refresh a screen. It only obscures about an 1/8 of the image on the right side. Maybe this is just a tempest in a teapot. Thanks.

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator in response to robert gagliano's comment.

No worries:) I will still try to reproduce it - I still have a WinXp machine lying around, always knew it would come in handy 😃

Posted