Space Warps Talk

Quick Dashboard doesn't show the same image

• jpiquard by jpiquard

Here is the original image shown by the interface with the message 'This image actually contains a simulated lens...', but nothing appear.
    enter image description here

When I use the Quick Dashboard, a wonderful lens appear with two strong stars instead of one.
    enter image description here

This simulated lens seems to be the same as the next displayed image !!!

Posted

• jpiquard by jpiquard

The non-synchronization between Normal display and Quick Dashboard display seems to be maintain for the next image...

Posted

• jpiquard by jpiquard

The troubleshoot disappears after killing the browser tab and open the SpaceWarps again.
    Observed with Chrome v26...

Posted

• anupreeta by anupreeta scientist, admin in response to jpiquard's comment.

Hi,
    Thanks for showing the snapshot. That helps but without the image IDs, we can't locate them in a database of ~80,000. Please click on "Discuss this in talk" when you see this problem next. That would be extremely helpful.

Posted

• Keith_C by Keith_C

Just had the same problem here. Refresh solved it. Next time I will discuss so you get an image ID.

Posted

• andromeda111 by andromeda111

I'm having the same issue with the dashboard, and the marks made as well. When using the dashboard its pulling up another picture, I tried refreshing the page, and it worked properly for 10 minutes or so, then started having issues again. I've marked the some of the simulation images, and have had them come up on the next pic telling me I spotted a gravitational lense.

Posted

• sk001 by sk001

On two recent images, a separate and different image has appeared when looking at the dashboard.

Posted

• sk001 by sk001

Image ASW0000bcx is showing (to me) an incorrect dashboard partner

Posted

• rbkelsey by rbkelsey

Dashboard bug apparently shows the next image in the sequence allocated to the user.

Posted

• elizabeth_s by elizabeth_s

oh! my this is not good . It appears that this is a problem!

Posted

• kong102 by kong102

Not working today. Simulation lenses window popup and point to empty space !

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator

We are aware of this problem - and the developers are working on it. I am moving this thread to 'Bug Reports' and merging with the existing thread.

Posted

• bungee1 by bungee1

I too am getting a different dashboard shot than the object at which I am looking! It does appear to be synched ahead. Also I cannot seem to be the page scrolled down all the way. There are letters below, I believe, but I can't quite see them. ??

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator

I am locking this thread, so we can gather the occurrences of this bug in a single thread.

Link here

Posted