Space Warps Talk

Simulated lens images out of sync with "you missed a lens" dialogues

• Keith_C by Keith_C

I had no problems with the interface (other than not being able to zoom in) up to about 900 fields, then I was given dialogues saying that I had missed a lens, only to find the lens on the following field in the same place as the dialogue appeared on the previous field. When I clicked the quick dashboard on an image that gave me the dialogue, it gave me the correct image (and the next in the sequence when leaving QD.

Refreshing window solved the problem 😃

Posted

• anupreeta by anupreeta scientist, admin

Hi Keith_C,
    Great, you've inspected 900 images already!!
    You can check FAQ for help some questions are answered there. You can use zoom in the "Quick Dashboard", scrolling works but click on ? there for tips on how to zoom (might depend on your mouse/touchpad settings).

Posted

• kherold by kherold

Just had the same out of sync using Chrome--I'll try another browser and refresh

Posted

• emilyclr by emilyclr

Just had the same thing happen. Using Firefox. No lens, clicked Next, got a missed-a-lens-dialogue box pointed at empty space, clicked the QD button, then I could see an obvious simulated lens where the dialogue box was pointing, returned, and the simulated lens was on my next image.

Posted

• drphilmarshall by drphilmarshall scientist, admin

Thanks all! I spoke to Amit about this and he caught the bug - some files weren't being overwritten when the database was updated. Images and messages should be matched up now, but let us know if this problem reoccurs!

Posted

• Tom_Collett by Tom_Collett scientist

Mine has fallen out of sync again. The quick dashboard images look like the correct image, but the normal image is one too early

Posted

• Keith_C by Keith_C

Thanks all. I have not had a problem up to 2734 images, then it happened again. I'm using Firefox too.

Posted

• Keith_C by Keith_C

Thanks anupreeta, figured out the zoom now 😃

Posted

• Chinabob by Chinabob

Am getting out of sink "missed Simulation"

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator in response to Chinabob's comment.

Refreshing the page usually does the trick for me.

Posted

• sgaduuw by sgaduuw

I am going out of sync as well, refreshing doesn't really seem to fix the problem for me.

EDIT: Using Chrome. Cleared cache to make sure this wasn't causing problems. Still going out of sync after a few fields

Posted

• soviet_mike by soviet_mike in response to emilyclr's comment.

I'm getting that same thing today using Firefox, started off ok but then did same thing mentioned...

Posted

• jomifl by jomifl

I have had a string of out of sync labels

Posted

• jomifl by jomifl

At present the notices are coming up 3 fields ahead

Posted

• elrondvega by elrondvega

I'm still seeing this problem.

Posted

• ragnartrains by ragnartrains

I`m using Safari and after about 680 images they are suddenly out of sync. What might be of importance is that this happened just after logging in again.

Posted

• velthove by velthove

Out of Sync occurred in Google Chrome. Sign Out > Sign In fixed the issue.

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator in response to velthove's comment.

Has the issue occurred recently? A fix went in about an hour ago, we are trying to monitor the situation 😃

Posted

• jpiquard by jpiquard

Sorry, the bug is still there... I have closed my browser (Chrome) before restart and after some images, the Quick Dashboard is no more synchronized. The image ASW0000rqm corresponds to the next original image instead of ASW00019ps.
    When taking a look of the inspector, the following error is displayed 'Unsafe JavaScript attempt to access frame with URL http://spacewarps.org/ from frame with URL http://player.vimeo.com/video/64580553. Domains, protocols and ports must match.'

Hope developer will appreciate...

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator in response to jpiquard's comment.

Thank you so much - I am emailing them as we speak 😃

Posted

• akapadia by akapadia in response to jpiquard's comment.

@jpiquard Thanks for the information. Do you remember if you were signed in or not? About how many images did you go through? Did you encounter any training images before the images were mixed?

Posted

• jpiquard by jpiquard

Yes, I was signed in... the default could occur after only a couple of image with or without a training image. A reload of image solves temporally the default. Sorry not a lot of information.

Posted

• jpiquard by jpiquard

Just bellow the error message, it appears a 'submit' message (repeat 37 times) from "application-2013-05-14_20-48-28.js" file.

Posted

• jpiquard by jpiquard

The error message occurs from "swfobject.v2.2.js" file.

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator

I am going to lock this thread so all discussions with regards to this bug can continue in this thread

We are taking this seriously, but we really need to contain all the reports in a singular thread.

Posted