Space Warps Talk

Quick Dashboard Displays Different Image than Original View

• aspartaimee by aspartaimee

This has happened a couple of times - Quick Dashboard image displayed is not actually the image I was originally looking at Stars are not in the same place, and twice I have been told I missed the lens, which wasn't there in the original image but appears in the QD view in a place where nothing was before. Stars and other objects in the original view are not consistently located in the QD image which makes me think they are different images all together. Happy to take screen shots when it happens again if that helps identify the issue.

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator

Hi Aspartaimee,

We are aware of this bug, it has been highlighted by other users and the science team already.
    Developers are working on a fix 😃

Posted

• adwaves by adwaves

Same problem for whole day

Posted

• anupreeta by anupreeta scientist, admin

Please collect images in Talk for these mismatch related or any other problems. Once we get the IDs from the Talk collection, we can be more efficient in fixing a certain problem. Thanks!

Posted

• aspringer by aspringer

This may be the same issue mentioned in earlier "bug" reports. Often if I click on a lensing candidate, then go to dashboard to look closer, the original I clicked on is not there. Is that an indication it is probably not a good candidate? Or simply a quirk of the program and if I see it on the original screen, and feel fairly certain it is a reasonable candidate I should go ahead and mark it ?

Posted

Hi aspringer - I would go with with bug myself. I am trying to replicate the issue so I can send a screenshot to the developers, but now that I want it too happen the UI is behaving itself - typical lol 😃

Posted

• FBloggs by FBloggs

Dash board out of sync, showing image two frames in advance.

Posted

• Talullah by Talullah

Dashboard out of sync - logging out and back in corrects the problem for only a few images. Unusable.

Posted

• fermor332002 by fermor332002

I have the same issue every time I loge in. The dashboard shows the next PIX.

Posted

• robhread by robhread

Dashboard out of sync. Shows different image. Images tagged as having a lens has no sign of one. I think that my selections this evening have been incorrect and a waste of time.

Posted

• gavinrider by gavinrider

This is still a problem. I have logged out and back in again, including restarting my computer. It is definitely a problem with the Dashboard. It makes the system unusable!

Posted

I am locking this thread, so we can gather the occurances of this bug in a single thread.

Click here to report the problem

Posted