Space Warps Talk

Feature or modification requests

• lpspieler by lpspieler

Things that aren't bugs but might make the interface more usable/convenient:

• when marking simulated lenses the counter of potential lenses goes up. No serious problem but slightly misleading.
      Rather there should be a different counter for "simulated lenses seen", and the "potential lenses" counter should be reserved
      for non-simulated potential lenses.
    • I tend to use the dashboard for every image due to its magnification feature. But the dashboard always takes quite some time (3-4s) to load. It could be that this is really the time needed to load the bright and blue picture. But if the dashboard were loading faster that would speed up the classification process.

Posted

• technos by technos

It would really help to be able to place crosshairs on pictures in the forums so we could point out exactly what object we are talking about!

Posted

• surhudm by surhudm scientist

Thanks lpspieler and technos for your suggestions. Let me comment on two of the features you suggested. About the QD mode taking a bit longer to load, the browser is downloading an image in an astronomy format called FITS and then converting it to a format which can be displayed by the browser (PNG). This is what takes time for it to load. About placing crosshairs on pictures, this is a popular request and the development team is also working on it! 😃

Posted

• StereoSpace by StereoSpace

I would like the Bluer button to work as a toggle; click once to get bluer, click again to go back to standard. As it is, I'm constantly moving my mouse back and forth while using the bluer/standard views.

Posted

• technos by technos

Another request - I just got an email saying that they have sorted through the first group of images and have eliminated a lot of pictures. I'd really like feedback on the pictures I have sorted so far - whether they are go or no go. This feedback would not only help me be better at identifying, it'd really motivate me to continue. Without it I find my curiosity somewhat already satiated.

Posted

• technos by technos

An additional thought about crosshairs - crosshairs may not be the best (like what is used in the quick dashboard) for talk, as there can be more than one pertinent feature in the pictures, which case something like numbered arrows would be better to help with the discussion.

Posted

• jpiquard by jpiquard

In order to know the position of objects observed especially galaxies, stars and lenses, it should be nice to add a map of the sky focused to the observed region.

Posted

• ParticleMan by ParticleMan

I second StereoSpace's suggestion, it would be great if the Bluer, Brighter buttons acted as a toggle, then you can lose the Standard button and simplify the interface.

Posted

• nebosite by nebosite

This is a cool app, and it is fun to participate in "citizen science", thanks! I have some feedback for you:

• Giving immediate feedback on the training images is a little distracting and also discouraging. It makes me worried that I will get a classification "wrong" and so I delibrately don't mark some items that I think could be warps. It seems like that dynamic works against what you are trying to achieve with crowdsourcing.
    • I would really like to see a running percentage of how accurate I am with the training images.
    • I would like to be able to go back and review my training images and understand better the ones I got wrong.
    • It might be nice to be able to take "tests" at the start - a few sets of 10 training images and get feedback at the end in the form of a score. This would help me understand if I am "getting it" with regard to spotting warps.

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator in response to nebosite's comment.

Hi, thanks for your feedback 😃 I am going to merge this with an existing thread in the help section 😃

Glad you are having fun!

Posted

• JasonJason by JasonJason

Would like to have the coordinates of the image I am viewing. It is done in AP and GZ why not here?

Posted