Space Warps Talk

Quick dashboard only shows black image for all samples in Chrome browser

• spudicusmaximus by spudicusmaximus

Chrome Version 26.0.1410.64 m

When I click Quick Dashboard on any sample, all I get is a black image, clicking brighter and bluer have no effect.

I installed the latest version of Firefox 20.0.1, the Quick Dashboard works as expected.

Posted

• TonyJames by TonyJames

Yes - I experienced the same problem, and got Firefox as you did. It seems that a black rectangle is getting in the way of seeing the image on Chrome.

Posted

• N5bz by N5bz

I tried firefox and I can see a faint image in the background but it doesn't respond to the buttons.
    On Chrome, all I see is a black rectangle with no trace of any image in the background.

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator in response to N5bz's comment.

What version of chrome are you using? and your operating system.

I use chrome and I am not having any issues with it.

Posted

• MvGulik by MvGulik

Same issue with Chrome on Windows.

Window:

• XP.Pro.Sp3. (I take it Moderator Capella05 is using some Linux OS . ... ?)

Chrome:

• Version 26.0.1410.64 m (before updating)
    • Version 27.0.1453.94 m (after updating)

-- After the update. The first activation of the "Quick Dashboard" feature did show some odd ghosting. Faint moving bands (clearly some graphic mishap here). (The "Quick Dashboard" option-bar was also not showing properly. Ergo: no return option other than a page reload.)
    -- Reloading the page and trying again turned things a bit to normal again. (No odd moving bars. "Quick Dashboard" option bar available again. But still no usable image.)

Additional notes (while I'm at it):

• While doing the initial classify run. The one with the help text. I had to do that with missing images to (or at least that is what it looked like to me, as first time user). Not a good way to start (or bad design).
    • While in "Quick Dashboard" mode. Adding a new marker while also dragging the mouse a bit (while the mouse button is still down). Seems to reset all currently present markers to the top-lift corner of the image area. (Major user friendly issue too.)
    • On clicking the "Quick Dashboard" - "return" option to exit the "Quick Dashboard". The option "Next" from the main classify page pups up right at the same spot. Is this intentional? (If there is no way the get back when you unintentional click on the "next" button. This might not be such a good idea.)

Cheers
    MvGulik

Posted

• MvGulik by MvGulik

Mmm.

I see my message was automatically adjusted. Eating up my format. 😦
    And The "edit" option also seems to refuse to cooperate.

O well.
    shacked head

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator

I've alerted the PtB. 😄

Posted

• MvGulik by MvGulik

• For those savvy with the JavaScript console, do any error appear? What are they?

Errors on this side.

• Window: XP.Pro.Sp3
    • Chrome: 27.0.1453.94 m
    • Video: Intel 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family ... (just in case)

(Multiple same errors, compress down to one of each.)

400 console messages are not shown.
    WebGL: INVALID_OPERATION: bufferData: no buffer
    WebGL: INVALID_ENUM: texImage2D: invalid texture type
    WebGL: INVALID_VALUE: getUniformLocation: no object or object deleted
    WebGL: INVALID_OPERATION: drawArrays: attribs not setup correctly

edit test. ... 😃

--- update ---

Mmm. Seems these are all just Warnings and not Errors. (according to Chrome element inspector.)

Posted