Space Warps Talk

Missed simulated lens doesn't let be see it in quick dashboard

• khearn by khearn

I missed a simulated lens and got a popup telling me I'd missed it and that I should use the quick dashboard. But the popup only had a button to go to the next image, giving me no option of going to the dashboard to see the lens I missed. I even hit the X on the popup, hoping that would close it without going to the next image, but it just took me to the next image.

I had noticed the galaxy in question, but it looked to me like the bottom left picture in the "non-lenses" section of the spotter's guide. I would have really liked to take another look at it.

Posted

• surhudm by surhudm scientist

Was the quick dashboard button being hidden by the popup message? If so, this issue can and should be fixed.

Posted

• khearn by khearn

I'm not sure. I didn't think to try it while the popup message was there. I guess I'm too conditioned by modal popups and assumed I had to clear the popup before i could do anything else.

Posted

• surhudm by surhudm scientist

I can understand. We tried to avoid cluttering the popup with more buttons, since the QD button is right there. Please look out for this problem if you see again and report it to us! Thanks a lot for your help! 😃

Posted

• khearn by khearn

I missed another simulated lens a few minutes ago, and I can confirm that the QD button does work while the popup is there.

Posted

• Mgorman by Mgorman

Re: Training images without lenses -- it would be helpful to be able to study these after the popup message saying that there are no lenses in the field. In their own way these can be as helpful as the image with the simulated lenses. But once the popup message appears, there is no way to continue to view the image. The system automatically advances to the next image.

Posted

• Spindizzy54 by Spindizzy54

I tried the quick dashboard.told me IE didn't support it...i'll try to find a brower that does...in the meantime i'll make do.

Posted

• shireen by shireen

I would also like to study the simulations I missed, but there is no way to easily access the image and adjust contrast levels to see it.

Posted

• emilyclr by emilyclr

I can go to the QD after missing a simulated lens, and I can make it bluer, but I can't zoom in. Browser problem (Firefox)? Bug? Future feature? I also can't zoom in on Recent images - how can I do that?

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator

Hi All 😃

I hope I can answer some of the questions...

There is reason why we do not allow users to go back on classifications - it will invalidate the results 😃

We want YOUR initial response when classifying an image 😃

Posted

• emilyclr by emilyclr

I'm not sure if the response above was meant to answer my question or others' questions, but I don't want to go back and classify, I just want to be able to zoom in on simulated lenses that I missed to get a closer look at them, and also it would be nice to be able to zoom in on my recent images and images in my collections. I either can't do that or just don't know how.

Posted

• drphilmarshall by drphilmarshall scientist, admin

Hi @emilyclr! Enabling the QD in Talk would be great, I agree: I asked the dev team and they tell me that Talk is only set up to show static images for now (and it'd take quite a lot of engineering to upgrade it). Instead, they're working on a full Dashboard that will allow you to explore your images in more depth, but they're not quite ready to release it yet. For now, you should Collect the images you want to investigate further, and then come back to them when the Dashboard comes online. Thanks very much for your suggestion, and all your spotting! 😃

Posted