Space Warps Talk

trouble with interface

• coyote_moon by coyote_moon

When I click to inhance the image, I get a completely different image. why?

Posted

• gumbosea by gumbosea

Still having problems with Firefox. All I can see is what appears to be the upper left corner of the screen, as it appears in Google Chrome. Using Firefox version 20.0.

Posted

• ImHighAllDay by ImHighAllDay

I also get a completely different image when I try to enhance the picture.

Posted

• OldKingSol by OldKingSol

I have the same issue - completely different image when I enhance on at least 50% of the images. And if I didn't enhance, and am told I mis-marked something - for instance, that I missed one - the image I'm looking at doesn't have what it says I missed, so I enhance it to see if it's one of those "totally different image" issues, and it is. The image I see in the enhanced window has the object it says I missed, but the image it presents me with in the normal window doesn't. Mismatched images make this unworkable, at least for those experiencing this issue. :-? I'm on Google Chrome, OS is Ubuntu Linux (the latest version).

Posted

• dalefargmail.com by dalefargmail.com

I also get a black menu bar on the left and a blue screen on the right. The only thing that works is the discussion button.

Posted

• allyria by allyria

I don't get any image, just the examples on the right and "moving" diagonal lines where the image should be. I can click on this area and it says I've marked something (and the target appears), but I don't have an image or any other way to interact with the site. I have to go back or refresh to start over. I'm using Chrome, up to date version 26.0.1410.65. Any suggestions? Or is this server overload? Thanks!

Posted

• allyria by allyria

Ok, for one image the enhance worked. I was excited. I clicked finished marking, and then it stopped working and I got the previous phenomena. Now NO images appear, the area where they should be is just blue above the menu bar (favorites, discuss, etc).

Posted

• FrankieEnc by FrankieEnc in response to OldKingSol's comment.

Same problem as this guy.

Posted

• tralf by tralf

It would be wonderful if you could make the site more iPad friendly... Currently I cannot zoom in on the dashboard image or read some of the text on my mini. You see, I like to do my Galaxy Zoo or Spacewarps when I'm, uh, having me time in the bathroom. And it would just be too weird taking my laptop... My wife might accuse me of looking at heavenly bodies of a different sort!

PS: I am using Google Chrome on the iPad

Posted

• SandersClan by SandersClan

When I use the dashboard I also get a picture of a different image.

Posted

• technos by technos

When I click an image that someone is discussing, it does not bring up that specific image but rather sends me to that person's collection page. Aaaarrrgggh!

Also, in the main viewer screen, images I have marked as favorites are not accessible or it "forgets" my favorites. In the collection pages, the candidates that I have marked are missing the crosshairs that I put on earlier! I hope this can be fixed!

Posted

• drphilmarshall by drphilmarshall scientist, admin

Thanks for flagging the mismatch problem - the dev team worked hard to fix this today, and I think they cracked it. Hopefully it won't come back!

Posted

• drphilmarshall by drphilmarshall scientist, admin

Propagating markers into Talk is something we're looking into - we agree it would be helpful, but it's not so easy yet... I'll look into the favorites!

Posted

• Mgorman by Mgorman

Needs work to be iPad optimized. Main issue is inability to zoom in on images. Works well on laptop- MacBook Air, but not on iPad. Please fix this!

Posted

• ImHighAllDay by ImHighAllDay

@drphilmarshall I'm still having the same problem. Not Sure why it's happening but I think it has something to do with opening up the "discuss this photo" that interferes with it. Please fix soon so I can get back to classifying!

Posted

• karthikeyan.d by karthikeyan.d

• every image is shown twice.
    • the Dashboard shows a different one.

Posted

• braxton by braxton

I also am getting different images in the dashboard than in the main view. Apparently the dashboard is the true image because as soon as I hit it i saw the example image that I missed. Apparently this has happened a couple times now. You guys are probably getting a lot of false positives if these images aren't coming up for us right.

Posted

• Helice by Helice

I keep getting the same image when I hit "next." Only twice per image, thank goodness, but it seems more like a bug than a quality control procedure.

Posted

• Capella05 by Capella05 moderator

Hi Helice, what browser and operating system are you using? It will help the developers in their trouble shooting.

Posted

• rumpuscat by rumpuscat

I'm still having the problem where the Quick Dashboard becomes unsynchronized with the displayed image. Instead the next image is shown in the tool. Using Firefox 20.0.1, but had the problem on Chrome yesterday too.

Posted

• perryyap by perryyap

Would be nice if i could see previous photos.

Posted

• dav1dsm1th by dav1dsm1th

I'm getting the same issue. When you go to enhance am image - you get an entirely different image...

Posted

• hildeb by hildeb

When I use the dashboard I get no picture at all (Chrome Version 27.0.1453.65 beta), just a diagonally striped, animated background

Posted

• KhalilaRedBird by KhalilaRedBird

So far, I can't find a Quick Dashboard that I should look at to enhance the image. I can make it more blue or more bright. I can zoom in a little through my notebook interface. That's about it. There's a lot of 'splainin' I'm missing. I am using Firefox on a notebook. with Windows 7.

Posted

• ElisabethB by ElisabethB moderator in response to KhalilaRedBird's comment.

The Quick Dashboard icon is the one to the right of the Favorites and Discuss icons.
    To zoom in, you just use the scroll on your mouse.
    You van grab the pic and move around too.

Posted

• elizabeth_s by elizabeth_s in response to ElisabethB's comment.

Yeah finally got it to work thanks loads.

Posted

• invisibleape by invisibleape

I am using Firefox 20 and the Quick Dashboard is not working. A black box pops up over the top 3/4 of the screen, but nothing happens when I click any of the buttons.

Posted

I have had the same problem with FireFox - and it has been reported 😃

Posted

• Scutariu by Scutariu

when i get this problem, i hit refresh. sometimes, works just fine, even if I lose the image i was looking at. however, some other times, i log in again to solve it.

Posted

• galaxy535 by galaxy535

When I try to use Quick Dashboard, I get;... "Sorry This Feature Is Not Supported On IE." .
    I just started today & want to do a good job but I'm having a problem I can't explain nor further explore objects.

Posted

Hi Galaxy535,
    The only thing I can advise is using a different browser - perhaps Chrome? It's free and you can download it online. It's a lot faster and the dashboard will work:)
    Thank you so much for helping us out with looking for SpaceWarps 😃

Posted

• anupreeta by anupreeta scientist, admin in response to galaxy535's comment.

Try using Firefox or Chrome (please check FAQ for more info)

Posted

• gischief by gischief

My photos seem to be out of sync. When I pass a photo because it has no lens it will sometimes point to a black area that has nothing and say that I missed a simulated lens.

Posted

• dennispattensr by dennispattensr

I am also getting the wrong images. I will quit for today and will anxiously await science team to send notification when it is fixed. Thanks,
    Dennis

Posted

• Walhall by Walhall in response to coyote moon's comment.

Me too, the picture in the Dashbord doesn^t match the Original one! BTW, i use Chrome!!!

Posted

• adam_golenia by adam_golenia

I also had a picture of different image using dashboard, and then I had communicate about the simulated lens, but the lens appeared only on the next picture.

Posted

• elrondvega by elrondvega

I appear to be having an issue where if I click the primary "Next!" button when there is a popup that has a next button it throws my images out of sync and starts pointing to stars as having fake lenese when there isn't any star there, but the next image has it.

Posted

• TYCEwa by TYCEwa

synchronisation - Lack!!!! I see the painting of No.. 1 of lens, confirm him, comment appears to painting of No.. 2 from the lens which is next painting. We can not work .

Posted

Locking this thread - the issue should now be resolved, and multiple threads have been created with regards to this.

If the issue reoccurs, please post in the sticky thread at the top of the page 😃

Link Here

Posted